Friday, February 08, 2008

Oh leetle cheeselings, I am needing your weesdom

Because I am learning to speak français, The Huzz suggests we go with a French theme for Valentines Day. He likes the idea of french food, french wine, bon mots, bon bons, berets, Serge Gainsbourg and–he threw in for good measure–french kissing. When I asked what sort of entrée he fancied, he replied with the old standby, coq au vin. Uninspired, I declined. I have soufflé on the brain, but we did that on our anniversary. Any delicieux ideas, francophiles?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always cassoulet, but the BEST French thing I have ever had is called quenelles. It's Lyonnaise, and sort of a very light, fluffy, fish souffle. AMAZING!! I've had it twice in my life 10 years apart and fantasize about both times. Look it up!!!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have to give it some thought but definitely gougeres for the appetizer!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the idea of souffle or perhaps a boullibaise?

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home