Friday, May 11, 2007

Good for what ails you

You know, when you get sad news, sometimes busying yourself in the kitchen is as therapeutic as a good cry. Plus, you can cry while you do it, and just work yourself into a meditative zone of tranquility. I find baking bread is especially good for those moments, as is the taking of baths, the former of which I'm doing now, the latter of which, I need desperately.

Today, I made Barbari Bread, also known as nan-e-Barbari. It's a Persian flatbread I remember eating as a kid when we lived in Iran. Oh, you didn't know I'd lived in Iran? Well, more on that to come. In the meantime, try some of this satisfying bread. The taste of the warm toasty flavor will make your stomach smile and the act of making it will make your heart feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home