Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pure & simple, every time


So today I walk into my sometime place of employ, an agency that contracts me to do freelance work, and among the usual array of quaint baked goods (today: chocolate pumpkin mousse fudgie squares) and nasto trans-fatty grocery store snax, I spied an altogether unexpected offering: fresh jijcama, cut into generous cubes and splashed with lime juice.

People, it’s delicious.

The crunchy texture! The clean, fresh taste! The tart flavor explosion! It was like a bite of Florida. And by that I mean sunshine, and citrus and sea breeze, not trailer park and monster truck and cheese doodle. Anyway, I can’t think of anything I might have enjoyed more on this bleary, wine-weary morning. It's the best morning-after remedy since my sister introduced me to her swear-by concoction of freshly-squeezed pink grapefruit juice and ginger ale.

So look into it. Next time you’re hung all the way over and wake up with little woolen socks on all your teeth, you’ll thank me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home